Wednesday, December 2, 2009

2. My Daily Despair

Even as I sit here today wondering how I got here. It is not lost on me that there are many in the world in a worse place.

It is hard to think of them as I think of my own situation. As I try and figure out how I will get water, electric, car and everything paid, I wonder how others with less do it. In the moments of my deepest despair I try and figure out how I can manage to keep ahold of the business thats left and how to get in a better place.
I often wonder what it was like for me before. I dont think I was greatful for what I had and I now know that I was not prepared for the worst. Thoughts of homelessness, joblessness and many other thoughts enter my mind and even though I know that I cant stay in this place of despair because I have committments and need to keep looking forward it is hard not to.

As a friend reminded me, I can live without my phone, water, electric, she said take it one day at a time. And as she went through a tough time recently, her situation was worse and therefore I am greatful for where I am. It can be worse, it can be worse, IT CAN BE WORSE, so I am greatful it isnt.

What are you greatful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment