Friday, June 3, 2011

The Lady At McDonalds...

Well it is true, I wound up at Mcdonalds late yesterday. It was great as usual.

As I was sitting down at Mcdonalds I noticed this weird or bad smell and I looked around and I saw this lady sitting by herself with her chin in chest looking down, her bags next to her and she looked like a woman who had not slept, showered or had a meal in days. She also looked like she didnt have a friend.

As I was about to sit and eat, I got antsy, I couldn't sit, I started playing with my change in my pocket and I counted what I had, at this point I was pacing back and forth. The cash I had left was $3.78. Then I realized that I was pacing and I wondered what the hell was wrong with me. The I went over to her and she looked up, sad about 45 or 25 or 55 years old and half out of it. She was sun beaten and life beaten and she had those free cups of water that McDonalds gives you in front of her. I tapped her on her shoulder and she looked up, I gave her my $3.78 and grabbed her shoulder and told her, Im in this place, Ive seen it, Ive lived it, take this, I know you are hungry.

She looked at me and very quietly said thank you. I walked back to my table and realized why I was pacing before, I was pacing because I know ppl judge us who give to the homeless, people dont want you to simply give. Then I woke up and said, I dont care, this is my life. I dont know or care how she got here. Tonight this is what I feel like doing. She lives in the 24 hour Mcdonalds but today she is going to eat.

I do not write this with the desire for you to say to me, how this was nice of me. It was nice, but more importantly, it was just me. I have done the bad to people, the ugly, the good and the ignored. But Ive lived it and someone gave me a cup of coffee and I still remember that person as the person who stopped in a sea of people and said, this is who I am.

This is who I am, greatful to meet and pray for the lady at Mcdonalds. I dont know how she got there, I just hope she leaves to a better place.

What are you greatful for?


PS-What did I eat at McD's? Parfait and fruit salad with yogurt, it was the best.

1 comment:

  1. That's true you can't judge. You don't know what hardships someone has been through, nor what hardships you will go through. You'll always remember the ones whose been there for you.

    ReplyDelete