Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Are You a YES Person?

Has this happened to you?

As I sit around whatever happened to certain ppl. I got to thinking about all the people and clients I used to have in my life. The more I thought about it, I understand that I was always a person that said yes.

Yes, I will work 2 jobs, yes I will train 7 days a week and teach 7 days. Yes I will go out Friday and Saturday night, teach Sat and Sun morn and get no sleep. All these times I never felt I could say no to anyone.

Now I look back and realize that I never said yes to myself. I never saved enough money or built my business or culitvated my friendships. I never had the time. I was always doing things I should have politely said no to. And even though this concept of NO still sounds selfish to me. I now see that since I never ever made time for just a few imporant things or people, when you look around, I am a man standing in a room on my own.

So, no time to look back. Today I say NO, I just cant do this or take that job or make that committment. I just cant. Today I wanna work on me and I have to be a little selfish.

I am greatful to say NO.
What are you greatful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment