Sunday, January 31, 2010

Tampa's Homeless

This morning I was able to go and help my Church serve the homeless.
The get served a great warm meal every Sunday morning at my church, Hyde Park United Methodist.

I have to tell you that I was aware that there were homeless all over our country. But when actually meeting these individuals I was so amazed at the diversity. From young and old, to men and women, I cant beleive that there are so many amongst us.
People who came this morning might not even be homeless, there are also people who have a place to live but no FOOD.

Standing there helping serve I just wanted to cry. I am thankful to just being there and able to say hello to everyone of them and wish them well. I was so touched by some of the younger girls and guys and I wanted ask,how did you get here? I was remembering how many times this year I have felt sorry for myself and thought, but I still have a home and some food in my fridge.

Well, today I am greatful for what I have and the chance to meet some very nice people who just need our prayers and love.

What am I greatful for? Love! Love! Love!

PS as a reminder, it grateful, but it was alreay taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment